Skip to content Accessibility info

Auto Insurance

from Hometown Insurance Agency

Auto Insurance

When driving around Tulsa to check out its famed art deco architecture or dynamic food scene, you want to make sure you are protected when road accidents occur.

In the state of Oklahoma, vehicle owners are required to obtain minimum liability insurance. This pays for the medical and property damage bills and other expenses of individuals who sustained injuries or have their vehicle damaged in a collision you are at fault for. It also covers legal fees in case the other party files a lawsuit against you.

The required minimum auto insurance coverage in Oklahoma is as follows:

  • $25,000 bodily injury or death liability for one person
  • $50,000 total bodily injury or death liability for multiple persons in one accident
  • $25,000 property damage liability in one accident

Auto Coverage in Oklahoma, Texas, & Missouri

However, once you exhaust your minimum policy limits, you are on your own. In instances where car accidents result in serious injuries and severe vehicle damage, you have no choice but to dip into your own pocket.

Remember, Oklahoma is an at-fault state. This means that your liability insurance only covers the other party’s injuries and vehicle damage, among others. It does not cover you. That’s why it’s essential that you get sufficient coverage to prepare for the worst-case scenarios.

We at Hometown Insurance Agency always advise Tulsa car owners to consider full coverage auto insurance for peace of mind. This refers to liability, collision, and comprehensive coverage.

Although optional in Oklahoma, collision insurance pays for the repair or the replacement of your damaged vehicle after you collided with another car or hit a pole, fence, or building.

Comprehensive coverage pays for your vehicle damage caused by other factors not related to road accidents. These include fire, natural disasters, riots, theft, animals, and falling objects. Both collision and comprehensive coverage are offered as a package and are likely to be required when you get a car through a loan or lease.

Additional Protection You May Need to Consider

While the state does not require uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, this may come in handy when you need medical care and the motorist at fault is not insured. This is also helpful if the at-fault motorist’s policy is not adequate to cover your bills.

Another is medical payments coverage, which pays for your and your passengers’ medical bills due to a vehicular accident, no matter who’s at fault. It also applies if you’re hit by a car while walking or riding with a friend.

Get Your Tulsa Auto Insurance Coverage from Independent Agents

If you’re a car owner looking for auto insurance, our independent agents are more than willing to find the best policy for your needs.

Don’t hesitate to reach out to us online for a quick quote.